Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Munning

The air smells of cold and the sky is thick with a pre-dawn blackness. My shoes slip along the ice as pulled by the forward momentum of the canine. My feet, the only sounds on the street, make a crunching noise and fogs of breath cloud my vision. I am alone with my thoughts.

It was in this time, several days earlier, that I decided to conduct my experiment. Will my faltering relationships fail when I stop pouring so much of myself into them??? I am tired of investing valuable emotional resources into a failing relationship. I am tired of feeling unwanted and unloved by those people. I am tired of waiting and waiting for someone to grab my outstretched hand.

The sad thing is, I don't think this resolve has made any impact whatsoever. Oh well, at least I still have several relationships that are still worth my while.

No comments: